Added links to archived tutorials.
remove malitious link to pantokrator SDL1 tutorial (leave the archive.org copy in place)
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|* [[http://blog.pantokrator.net/2006/08/08/setting-up-msysmingw-build-system-for-compiling-sdlopengl-applications/|SDL and MYSYS/MinGW]] ([[https://web.archive.org/web/20120820141724/http://blog.pantokrator.net/2006/08/08/setting-up-msysmingw-build-system-for-compiling-sdlopengl-applications/|Archive]])||* [[https://web.archive.org/web/20120820141724/http://blog.pantokrator.net/2006/08/08/setting-up-msysmingw-build-system-for-compiling-sdlopengl-applications/|SDL and MYSYS/MinGW]]|
SDL 1.2 Tutorials
There are a number of SDL tutorials available from different sources.
- A tutorial detailing how to set up the MSYS/MinGW build system for compiling SDL/OpenGL applications
- Wow! A whole website about SDL tutorials, including SDL basics, events, animation, entities, maps and other topics
- SDL tutorials on a variety of topics for shoot 'em up games
- A large number of SDL tutorials covering a variety of different topics
- A series of tutorials on game concepts geared for SDL developers. Tutorials (currently 36!) are written using C++ as the programming language and SDL as the API.
- A very nice set of tutorials covering using SDL with Dev-C++, 2D graphics and sound
- This tutorial covers setting up an Xcode project with SDL 1.2.14, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_ttf, and the Boost C++ libraries (header files only) on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. It uses Xcode version 3.2.5 and the Classic Invaders source (2 MB) files.
- The basics of using various features of SDL, in German
- A German tutorial on SDL basics and graphics
- Using SDL with Direct3D for graphics
- Lots of advanced information on using SDL with OpenGL
- Using SDL and OpenGL on Mac OS X
- A very basic guide for setting up SDL for OpenGL development in Visual Studio 2008
- Setting up SDL with Visual C++ 6.0, basic graphics programming
- Setting up an SDL project with Visual Studio .NET
- Using Pygame to move images around in a simple game
Exploring the code used to render 2D mazes in DungeonMaker