There are a number of SDL tutorials available from different sources.
- Warning: content up to 15 years out of date. Check comments to see if code is invalid before using tutorials.
- A whole website about SDL tutorials, including SDL basics, events, animation, entities, maps and other topics
- Tutorials on building 3 complete games using SDL 2.0
- SDL game engine tutorials for absolute beginners
- A collection of video tutorials on various SDL topics
- A collection of detailed tutorials for game programming using SDL 2.0 with C++
- Tutorials covering a wide variety of introductory topics with SDL 2.0
- Video tutorial series on recreating Cave Story using SDL
- An example of a project upgrade from SDL 1.2 to SDL 2.0
- A playlist of beginner SDL2 tutorials, focusing on the basics for setting up a RPG 2D platformer. Also features tutorials on how to set up SDL2 on Windows and Linux.
- A collection of SDL2 tutorials ranging from beginner to expert level.
- A video tutorial showing how to setup SDL 2.0 with codeblocks mingw32 compiler
- A video tutorial showing how to setup SDL 2.0 with codeblocks mingw32 compiler with OpenGL 3.0+ & compiling GLEW libraries
- A video showing how to get started with SDL2 and OpenGL on Linux, using Visual Studio Code and Cmake. Some prior knowledge of C++ and Linux is required.
- A YouTube series of videos showing how to setup SDL2 with C++ and various other beginner to intermediate level topics on using SDL2.
- An example of setting up SDL on Android
- An example of building an Android application using the SDL
- A guide to the new audio stream API
- A quick guide to streaming textures
- A tutorial on enabling and using GLSL extensions with SDL
- Check out http://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/default/test/testshader.c also
- Using SDL 2.0 beta with OpenGL 3
- Using SDL 1.3 alpha with OpenGL 3.2 Context
- A brief introduction to OpenGL ES
- Covers the basics of how to create and playback simple force feedback effects with SDL
- Using SDL for text inputs with specific consideration for international users
- A good discussion of condition variables (in computer science rather than gaming context), some mention of mutex and semaphore use
- Tutorial for libSDL2pp, C++11 bindings/wrapper for SDL2