There are a number of SDL tutorials available from different sources.
- Tutorials covering a wide variety of introductory topics with SDL 2.0
- A whole website about SDL tutorials, including SDL basics, events, animation, entities, maps and other topics
- An example of a project upgrade from SDL 1.2 to SDL 2
- A video tutorial showing how to setup SDL 2.0 with codeblocks mingw32 compiler
A video tutorial showing how to setup SDL 2.0 with codeblocks mingw32 compiler with OpenGL 3.0+ & compiling GLEW libraries
- An example of setting up SDL on Android
- An example of building an Android application using the SDL
- A quick guide to streaming textures.
- A tutorial on enabling and using GLSL extensions with SDL.
Check out http://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/default/test/testshader.c also.
- Using SDL 2.0 beta with OpenGL 3
- Creating a Cross Platform OpenGL 3.2 Context in SDL
- A brief introduction to OpenGL ES
- Covers the basics of how to create and playback simple force feedback effects with SDL.
- Using SDL for text inputs with specific consideration for international users.
- A good discussion of condition variables, in computer science rather than gaming context. Some mention of mutex and semaphore use.