There are a number of SDL tutorials available from different sources.
- Wow! A whole website about SDL tutorials, including SDL basics, events, animation, entities, maps and other topics
- A quick guide to streaming textures.
- A tutorial on enabling and using GLSL extensions with SDL.
Check out http://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/default/test/testshader.c also.
- Using SDL 2.0 beta with OpenGL 3
- Creating a Cross Platform OpenGL 3.2 Context in SDL
- A brief introduction to OpenGL ES
- Covers the basics of how to create and playback simple force feedback effects with SDL.
- Using SDL for text inputs with specific consideration for international users.
- A good discussion of condition variables, in computer science rather than gaming context. Some mention of mutex and semaphore use.