Querying SDL Version
Include File(s): SDL_version.h, SDL_revision.h
These functions are used to collect or display information about the version of SDL that is currently being used by the program or that it was compiled against.
- The version consists of three segments (X.Y.Z)
- X = Major Version, which increments with massive changes, additions, and enhancements
- Y = Minor Version, which increments with backwards-compatible changes to the major revision
- Z = Patchlevel, which increments with fixes to the minor revision
The first version of SDL 2 was 2.0.0
- The version may also be reported as a 4-digit numeric value where the thousands place represents the major version, the hundreds place represents the minor version, and the tens and ones places represent the patchlevel (update version).
The first version number of SDL 2 was 2000
SDL_revision.h must be included in your program explicitly if you want to use the SDL_REVISION constant.
<<FullSearchCached(category:CategoryStruct CategoryVersion -title:SGStructures)>>
<<FullSearchCached(category:CategoryVersion -CategoryStruct -CategoryEnum -title:SGFunctions)>>